This is actually a very similar looking Kellison Astra GT — not an Aztec. When the car sold in 1966 (emulating GT40 styling in part), it was advertised as having a twelve hour build time using only basic hand tools.
- Take off VW steering wheel and other simple components
- Unscrew the bolts holding down the VW body and have a friend help you lift it off.
- Swap the seats and other components.
- Have a friend help drop the Kellison body in place (this can all be done by hand) and bolt it on.
- Apply the lights and finishing touches, and you’re done.
Ha, kit cars these days? Way too confusing!