Covin Porsche 911 Replica8 Comment

Covin, eBay, For Sale, Porsche 911 | Mon, 16 Jun 2008 Posted by :

Beginning in the early eighties, Covin built a Porsche 911 Turbo replica (both in this style and as a flatnose). Normally built around VW components and a fiberglass body, Luke’s example is running a 2 litre twin cam Vauxhall engine, currently for sale on eBay UK (#180254304436, located in Somerset). While it’s true that you can now buy a genuine Porsche 911 for not much more than a Covin replica, the truth is that the Covin is a far rarer vehicle, as well as costing less to maintain and insure… If you’re interested in more info, check out Covin Technical.

8 Comments

1. I am working on a 77 911S and the wheels began to turn (pun) when I saw Factory Five’s new 818 kit…
    I want a Covin body to put on a tube frame so I can put whatever engine I want and try some of my ideas without messing up a real Porsche. Anybody know where I could find a Covin? I have a 944 with a bunch of extra parts that I will gladly trade.

2. Vincent says:

I want a Covin 911 Replica ASAP preferably tax exempt, a finished project with a turbo charged engine Subaru Turbo will do nicely. My contact is vincentkh40@hotmail.com cash waiting.

3. ReplicaH8er says:

Covin owners are sad, wifeless, gay orientated wankers that have absolutely no class. Driving a fake porsche. COME ON MAN, GET A FUCKING LIFE. Everybody knows your porsche is fake and THAT’s why you get laughed at behind your back. touting your replica goods around if they’re real is SOO FUCKING SAD!

• dude says:

Sounds like someone is upset that they got the same toy for a fraction of the price ooch. They look the same to me, good one guys.

4. ReplicaH8er says:

5. aussie says:

You can easily update to later models by simply changing the front and rear panel and lights, still a substantial amount cheaper than the real 911 turbo, mine is powered by Subaru turbo which gives enough g forces to place you firmly in your seat.

6. bats says:

Its not that bad, I didnt get to see the asking price, with so many kit cars having VW engines is this 2000cc that bad?

7. Pat_McGroin says:

So it’s rarer than a 911? Do you think there might be a reason for that? A car that looks like a 911, but has an asthmatic 4 cyl engine? Ooooh, yummy!