Rare Fiberfab Caribee/Banshee Body For Sale17 Comment

Banshee, Caribee, eBay, FiberFab, For Sale | Mon, 14 Jul 2008 Posted by :

The Fiberfab Banshee (later renamed the Fiberfab Caribee after Fiberfab sold the Banshee name to GM in 1966) is one of their earliest and most beautiful cars, with long sleek lines highly reminiscent of the Daytona Cobra, with a more steeply raked windshield (out of a Corvette of the time) making it only 46″ high (and that’s with 6″ of ground clearance). Entry to the “spacious” cabin was through a pair of slightly small gullwing doors, and the car was first designed to fit an MGA, Austin Healy 6, or a Triumph TR-3 (and the TR-4 with slight modifications).

Michael bought a Caribee/Banshee that some numskull had mounted to a jacked up truck chassis (the fourth picture is as he bought it). He promptly removed it, with the intent of mounting it on a Corvette, but hasn’t got around to it and decided to put this rare body — only a dozen were made — up on eBay (#160261291277). Where he’s asking only $1,000 or best offer. Personally I think it’s worth this in a heartbeat, even for just the body — it’s a stunning vehicle when complete as you can see from the factory demo model photos and the pictures from Michael Luongo’s example. He’s located in Warren, MI — hurry and make your offer, because there are only six days left on the auction as I post this.

17 Comments

1. Scott says:

I have a Banshee and am restoring it and need help. can you help?

2. Dan Cotter says:

I have a Caribee/Banshee kit mounted on a 1962 Austin Healey 3000. I need to know what year corvette windshield is used since mine is cracked. I also would like to know what year glass is used for the rear window so I can replace the plexiglass window.

3. Chuck says:

This is where all we owners Can connect easier…you’re welcome…

4. Mike says:

Ha. I’m the current owner of the yellow banshee. I did not build it, but have worked on it. The car in Detroit was something on Craigslist a couple years back. Not my car though. :)

5. Chad says:

Hello

i have a caribee that has never been put together…does anyone know what the rear window is from? I have misplaced my manual and desperately need to know.

-Thanks, Chad

6. David Grant says:

Iam also looking for a Banshee/Caribee. Any condition. Must be nesr the east coast as it will be shipped to the U.K. Might consider a Jamaican. dubaifornow@hotmail.co.uk.

7. Kevin says:

Hi there

I am looking for a Banshee/Caribee project, car or body.

Please contact me at:

kevingill@clear.net.nz

Regards
    Kevin

8. bruce wayne says:

what frames where used. need picture. have not found numbers own mind. we know where 3 are. 9 to go.

9. Jim says:

I have just purchased a Banshee body. Still trying to get my arms around this big project.

10. Tim says:

Ivey Duke,
    Do you want to sell you 1965 Banshee car or body? anyone have one for sale? Contact me at: my53vwbeetle@juno.com. Tim

11. Tim says:

Ivey Duke,

12. ivey duke says:

I own a banshee 1965 and the rear window is checked all over and cracking do you have any idea what kind of rear window fits this kit or where to get one??Thanks any info. I. Duke

13. Charles Dinger says:

Hi Shannon – Is this caribee body off your radar? Do you know of any others, or a Jamaican body available? Thanks, Chuck

14. Charles Dinger says: