Mako Shark Replica6 Comment

Corvette, For Sale, Maco Shark | Tue, 06 Jan 2009 Posted by :

You may be wondering why I’m posting a Corvette body kit here, but in addition to being a big Vette fan (I owned a ’74 and a ’77), Corvette prototypes have been beautiful exotics that have inspired a number of kits, and Corvettes share many construction similarities with kit cars. The Mako Shark Corvette was one of my favorite childhood dreamcars — perfectly achieving the design goal of a car that would “look like it’s moving when it’s standing still!”

Ronald has owned two Mako Shark replicas — the first (the first photo in this entry) was the Motion Performance Built 1972 MORAY GT that was featured in Hemmings Muscle Machines and on the cover of Corvette Fever. His second, now for sale (write him at ronbajorek@hotmail.com if you’re interested) is a Baldwin Motion “Catalog Car” (one of their kits, but pro-built by a different shop).

This one is on a 1973 chassis (L82 original motor — 270hp — with a four speed transmission and A/C), chrome bumpers front and back, reversed Nova Springs on the front end, “MACO” badges still in Motion Performance wrappers, and hooker side pipes. It’s a nice solid car that would be incredible with a complete restoration. He’s asking $20,000 (not much more than a comparable Vette in good shape would cost), and if someone brings this up to the level of the prototype (click the first link in this entry), they’ll have something priceless. The car is located in Pittsford (near Rochester).

6 Comments

1. Doug Copas says:

does anyone have or still make the makoshark conversion for the c3 vettes?

2. bats says:

I bought a full Motion Mako kit NOS and a 69 vette to install it on…

3. tom says:

I have a mako shark body kit for sale. Two pieces front and back garage kept for many years. email me at tmauro65@aol.com if u have any interest. Located in New jersey.

4. Bruce Pilavis says:

I’d be interested in a Mako rear clip. If you come across something that you don’t want/can’t use/or simply are not interested in, I’d very much appreciate it if you’d let me know. Thanks and best regards,
    Bruce
    Naples, FL

5. Bats says:

I love the Mako what C3 fan doesn’t?

I sold my Mako Project to get funds to get back into the Grass roots kit cars,
    I missed my Mako ever since, even more than the wide body,

I too have had several vettes all custom to some degree,
    While the majority of vette people hate custom it still has a cult following and is coming back just a little bit,

I have went into the fiberglass parts business with a friend he has been doing it well over 30 years, he isn’t into the net or sales so that will be my end of it,

We do vette parts, and dune buggies and some non car stuff,
    We want to get into a few popular kit car bodies,

My biggest interest is the old school vette stuff.

I am hunting a Mako body kit or a project car not as nice as the one in this thread, I can’t afford that,
    In fact if you come across any old custom vette stuff or have some parts or a custom project you want to sell please do hit me up,

The13bats@aol.com

Cheers,
    P.

6. Bats says:

I love the Mako what C3 fan doesn’t?

I sold my Mako Project to get funds to get back into the Grass roots kit cars,
    I missed my Mako ever since, even more than the wide body,

I too have had several vettes all custom to some degree,

We do vette parts, and dune buggies and some non car stuff,
    We want to get into a few popular kit car bodies,

My biggest interest is the old school vette stuff.

The13bats@aol.com