Shelby Cobra | Fri, 28 Apr 2006 Posted by : Shannon Larratt
How could I not have mentioned arguably the most popular style of kit car, the Shelby Cobra… Probably more companies make this replica than any other vehicle out there.
He’s sold it since, but Mike really had a gorgeous Everett-Morrison Cobra 427 SC. It’s built on a round tube frame with a black leather interior, double roll bar, soft-top, tonneau-cover and many more options, such as:
- Super-high perfromance engine featuring Lunati cam, LeMans rods and TRW pistons, rare Canadian heads (C8OE-N) with flow- and porting job and a 2*4 intake with twin Holley 660 center squirters delivering incredible power.
- C6-automatic transmission by A1 Transmissions Canoga Park, California with lower 1st and 2nd gear set. (Automatic transmissions are more reliable for high performance cars. Clutches of stick-shifted transmissions have tendancy to wear down in a short period of time!)
Ford 9″ rearend by Mark Williams featuring aluminum thirdmember and locker unit. (Only this rearend can handle that kind of HP and torque!)
- MSD Distributor and MSD-6A Ignition Unit
- Aluminum radiator and oil cooler
- Holley Professional fuel regulator and pump
- Braided lines
- Double oil-filter
- HB Compomotive rims
Anyway, on to the pictures:
At the time the asking price was $39,500.